My spiralizer is one of my favorite kitchen tool! All kinds of veggies are turned into this wonderful “pasta” in just a few minutes. Zucchini is the most spiralized vegetable but this time I am going to use a few white root veggies, celeriac, parsnip and white sweet potato, a wonderful combination!
This “pasta” can be eaten raw or steamed, what I did in this case. Shortly steamed to make it a bit softer. Zucchini never needs to be steamed, it is soft enough but root veggies can be a little tougher on the digestion.
Ingredients for 1 to 2 portions,
- 1 celeriac root, pealed and sides cut off in the way that you are left with a rectangular shape, this will fit easier on your spiralizer
- 1 big or 2 medium parsnips, pealed
- 1 big white fleshed sweet potato, these have a purple skin
- 1 cup steamed or raw green peas
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 cup cubed zucchini
- 1/2 avocado
- pink salt to taste
- a few tsp. water if needed, the zucchini is rich in water so usualy no extra water needed
Spiralize the celeriac, parsnip and sweet potato into a spaghetti pasta. In this case I steamed the veggies for a few minutes above hot water. As I mentioned above, it can also be eaten raw. The spiralized veggies can be massaged with the dressing, this will make it softer but keep it raw.
For the dressing I blended all the ingredients until creamy. You can leave it a bit chunckier, as you whish. Scoop the sauce through the pasta.
I added some extra peas and baby mustard greens as a topping. Love it! You can also warm the sauce, this will still keep it raw. I prefer cold in the summer and warm in the winter. The peas & dill sauce is a great dip for cut up veggies or crackers.
Let me know how it turned out! I
Thank you for reading,
More “pasta” & sauces to try,